|Job Details :
Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required.
- ADN degree from accredited school of nursing required
- Successfully passed a Hemodialysis Training Program
- Minimum of 2 years experience in dialysis
- Good communication skill preferably both in English and Arabic.
- Certified in BCLS and preferably in ACLS
- Certified and registered with the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties
- A pediatric dialysis training or a minimum of 2 years experience in pediatric hemodialysis.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; functional proficiency in all computer systems of DaVita within 90 days of hire required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
· Supervises and perform direct patient care including but not limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician’s orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
· Notes signs of trauma, patients’ general physical and mental condition, reviews dialysis orders, documents observations in patient medical records
· Analyzes patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, brings issues to the attention of the physician
· Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Nephrologist, Operations Director, Nursing Supervisor, Infection Control Practitioner, and/or Unit Head Nurse
· Assesses patient and family learning readiness and provides appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment, and medical regimen and its impact on the patient’s state of health and well-being
· Provides dialysis therapy, including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate to be ultra filtered, ensuring safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
· Instructs patients on pre- and post-dialysis care
· Instructs patients on pre-transplant preparation
· Administers patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
· Participates in long-term and short-term care planning and monthly progress notes